The college admissions process has become a complicated and frustrating journey that far too often these days ends in confusion or disappointment. In our changing educational landscape, budget cuts and overcrowded schools have made it nearly impossible for your children to receive the individual counseling they need to successfully navigate the highly competitive path to college. These trying times have led many parents and students to turn to college consultants for a lifeline in managing the stressful process of researching and applying to colleges. Consider the following facts:
- The guidance counselor to student ratio at many high schools is almost 500:1
- The common application has significantly increased the number of schools to which many students apply.
- The acceptance rates at many of the top colleges and universities have fallen as a result of increased numbers of applicants
- Even the so-called “safety schools” that once provided students with a little piece of mind have become much more selective.
- Tuition costs continue to rise at such a rate that paying for college has become one of the biggest obstacles to admissions.
- According to the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), 26 percent of 1,264 students surveyed (all who scored at least 1150 out of 1600 on the SAT) hired an independent educational consultant to assist with the college process.
Our main goal at The College Planning Center is to give parents and students the personalized attention they need to simplify the admissions process and take some of the stress out of applying to college by helping them compete on a level playing field with the growing number of informed students who are already utilizing independent college consultants. While we make no guarantees that your child will get into his or her top choice, we can assure you that the expert guidance your children will receive can dramatically improve the odds of making that dream a reality.